Extraordinary Online Internship
|Type of Contract:||Internship Agreement|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||3 months (with possibility for extension up to 6 months)|
Regional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) – Secretariat supports a variety of its projects by providing Internship opportunities for Graduate and post-graduate students.
RAI Secretariat seeks to create a working environment conducive to interns’ substantive learning and professional development by introducing them to the work in an international public organization and to the functioning of EU and international institutions related to the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative. The Secretariat provides guidance and know-how to interns, assesses their achievements, and provides them with an evaluation report and certificate of successful completion at the end of the Internship period.
RAI Secretariat Terms of References regulate tasks; qualifications required/profile; status, responsibilities and obligations, duration of the Internship Program, and intern’s expenses (ToR Secretariat – 5.2.4).
Interns work within the RAI Secretariat on implementing programmatic objectives of the Secretariat.
Under the same conditions, the Intern provides substantive input and active involvement to the ongoing projects/activities and performs the following tasks and duties:
– Provide substantive input and active involvement to the running projects;
– Assist the development and updating of the RAI’s Online Resource Centre;
– Perform other related tasks as directed by his/her direct supervisor.
The home-based intern will contribute to the development of a new RAI web portal, with a focus on the preparation of content for online publishing, performing quality control for the updated website, and providing support for the RAI team in maintaining the official website.
The Secretariat offers internship opportunities to all eligible candidates. Candidates coming from member countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, and Serbia) have a priority in selection.
- Bachelor degree in Law or Political Science with experience or skills in graphic design, visual communications, computer programming, web development or recently graduated in these fields;
- Experience working with WordPress or related web development tools;
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation;
- Well-developed skills in research, analysis, and writing;
- Excellent knowledge of English and any other lingua franca in SEE region is an advantage;
- Ability to work cooperatively with people of different ethnic and national backgrounds;
- Experience and ability to work in a demanding environment and within limited time frames;
- Knowledge of anti-corruption policy and strategic studies as well as of the justice and home affairs environment of the EU and SEE region would be considered as an advantage.
Duration of the extraordinary internship program
Each internship period is from 3 to 6 months with the possibility to be renewed upon results achieved, special academic requirements, or special needs within Secretariat, in accordance with local legislation.
Given the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, the extraordinary internship program will be home-based. The actual schedule and tasks will be agreed with the supervisors.
The Internship agreement shall be concluded for a period of 3 months, with the possibility of extension for an additional 3 months – subject upon available funding.
In the case of home-based internships, the work will be financially compensated based on the RAI Secretariat standards.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible, all interested candidates should submit their CV along with a letter of motivation (up to 1500 characters), to the RAI Secretariat (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than midnight of September 20, 2020 (23:59 CEST).
Email subject: application to extraordinary internship program
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications in the wrong format and/or incomplete applications will automatically be considered as ineligible.
RAI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Qualified women, individuals from minority groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.